We would like to invite applications for the position of ASSISTANT PRODUCER for the forthcoming digital commissions project, exploring caring/parenting as a migrant.
Notnow Collective are a Midlands based migrant-artist led organisation that place voices less heard in the centre of their work, with particular focus on advocating for parent/carer, migrant and multilingual narratives and artists.
We are looking for an early career creative, who identifies as a migrant or with migrant heritage, and who is looking to develop their producing skills.
These digital commissions are an Arts Council funded project offering seed funding for 3 selected creatives/organisations.
The fee is £1500 for 15 days of work in total between February-June 2021.
Person Specification- we are looking for:
- Someone passionate about developing work with migrant/non-UK born narratives
- Someone with an understanding of what it means to be multicultural and multilingual
- Curious about performance making in the digital environment
- Computer literate, have a good understanding of Word and Excel and happy managing social media and basic WordPress website updating skills
- Great team player, good communicator, ready to learn and share their own experience and excited to support creative journeys
- If you are Midlands based, that’s an added bonus, but we welcome applications from all over the UK.
We especially welcome applications from people with parenting/caring/homeschooling responsibilities – the work is remote and flexible around your life commitments.
Outline of the duties:
- Assisting and supporting the lead producer in delivering the digital commissions
- Leading on the admin duties throughout the artist call-out and selection process (supported by the lead producer)
- Assisting the shortlisting process (supported by the lead producer)
- Participating in the interview process (supported by the lead producer)
- Leading on the designated day to day admin tasks and social media management
- Assisting the Arts Council evaluation on this part of the activity
- Leading on the communication between NNC and commissioned artists (supported by the lead producer)
- Regular updates of activity budget
To apply please attach your CV and either answer the questions below in the word-document form, or make a sound/video recording of your answers.
Please send documents/WeTransfer or Google Docs link to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “ASSISTANT PRODUCER” in the title line.
The deadline: MIDDAY Friday 5th February.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates via Zoom (or similar platform) between 8th and 12th February.
- Please describe your producing/creative practice so far
(no more than 400 words, 3 mins recorded/filmed)
- Why are you interested in working with Notnow Collective and what do you hope to get out of this project? (no more than 400 words, 3 mins recorded/filmed)
- How do you fit our Person Specification? (in no more than 300 words, 2 mins recorded/filmed)