Notnow Collective is a migrant-led organisation based in the Midlands committed to platforming the voices and work of migrant, parent and carer artists. We are currently radically re-imaging the spaces within which we create and present work.
As our response to this re-imagining we are offering three £700 micro commissions to inspire artists in playful exploration of digital medium and to re-think how you make work and how your audiences engage with it.
Who are we looking for?
- Performance Artists – Theatre Makers/Dancers/Spoken Word/Physical performers/Cabaret Artists/Drag Artists/Voice Artist/Musicians, and all other!
- People who identify as migrant or people with migrant heritage
- People who have a connection to parenting or caring (could be parents/carers, OR have people in their vicinity who are carers. Also, including those who are considering parenting or in the process of becoming parents!!)
- You might have experience of other languages or growing up speaking other languages
- You might have done some digital work or this might be your first experience
We want to support NEW IDEAS* from individuals, collectives or organisations who will use this money to develop their creative digital imagining.
What are we interested in?
- Playful work
- Work that explores parenting or caring during lockdown
- Work that explores relationships with language, separation from family, international travel bans
- Digital work – this might be pre-recorded video, zoom performances, live streams, audio, text message, VR and AR, multi platform, email- but not limited to these forms.
*NEW IDEAS or development of an EXISTING IDEA but it should not have had a finished production.
What we offer?
- cash to kick start your creative thinking or help with further funding
- artistic support & provocation
- platform for sharing your RIGHTNOW micro-commission
We particularly encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
To apply please email Expression of Interest to our Assistant Producer Nicole Roman with “RIGHTNOW” in the title line: email@example.com
Expression of Interest can be written, video or voice note. Please include the following:
- What is your idea? (if it is an existing idea, please give details of the development so far and any useful links)
What form does it take?
Why do you want to make it?
(400 words max)
2. Tell us about you as an artist or company and share examples of your work (300 words max. For examples of your work please use links and supply passwords, or We Transfer/Google Drive)
3. Why does working digitally interest or excite you? (200 words max)
9th April – Deadline for submitting your Expressions of Interest
19th April – Interviews with shortlisted candidates
26th April to 24th May – Creation time for selected projects
Week of 24th May – Public presentation of the selected projects
If you have any further questions about the application, or require an alternative format please email: firstname.lastname@example.org