Notnow Collective BOSA project Micro-commissions
Notnow Collective is a migrant-led organisation based in Birmingham committed to amplifying the work by migrant artists, telling stories through many languages and forms.
With our latest project BOSA (‘barefoot’ in Croatian) we are exploring belonging through audio form.
We are offering three £500 micro-commissions to inspire young artists in re-thinking how we tell and experience stories.
We are looking for:
- People who identify as migrant or people with migrant heritage
- 16-26 years of age, based in Birmingham
- People who speak language(s) in addition to English (you might have experience of other languages spoken in your family or growing up speaking other languages)
- Creative people, any form goes
- You might have some work behind you, or this might be your first experience
We want to support the development of NEW IDEAS* into a finished piece and platform it as a part of our BOSA project in July 2022.
We are interested in:
- Playful ideas
- Audio form. Can be supported by something visual, or not.
- Work that explores some of the following: language, journeys, belonging, culture, ritual.
- Short form (up to 5 mins long)
* NEW IDEAS or development of an EXISTING IDEA but it should not have had a finished production.
- Three £500 micro-commissions
- 6 development sessions (in-person or online) with BOSA project lead artists Kristina Gavran and Tina Hofman
- Travel expenses
- Technical and production support
- Professional and network development
- Platform for sharing your work
We especially want to hear from those who are currently underrepresented.
*DEADLINE EXTENDED* to 18th April 2022 – Deadline for submissions
13th/14th and 20th/21st April – Interviews with shortlisted candidates
25th April – Micro-commission offers
25th April – 6th June – Creation time, support, meet ups, production time
Week of 11th July – Work launch and Public presentation online and at Moseley Road Baths
If you have any further questions, or require an alternative format or translation please email: email@example.com
You can apply in written, audio or video form. Please follow this link.